The question I’m hearing from my customers most often is will Orlando home sales take off again in March like they did last year. I think that sellers are slightly anxious as we enter the spring buying season. January 2014 was off to a slow start, sales in January are down 10.67% over last year and new contracts are down almost 7% when compared to January 2014. Stay tuned to see how February develops.
- Orlando home sales (all home types and all sales types combined) in January 2014 were down 10.67 percent when compared to January of 2013 and down 26.32 percent when compared to December 2013.
- Of the 1,800 sales in January, 1,126 normal sales accounted for 62.56 percent of all sales, while 463 bank-owned and 211 short sales respectively made up 25.72 percent and 11.72 percent.
- The median price of all existing homes combined sold in January 2014 — $149,950 — is an 18.07 percent increase from the $127,000 median price recorded in January 2013.
- There are currently 9,927 homes available for purchase through the MLS. The January 2014 overall inventory level is 35.32 percent higher than it was in January 2013; inventory is up 5.37 percent compared to December 2013
- New contracts are down 6.79 percent compared to January of 2013. New listings are up 16.96 percent.