Everyone loves new house smell and knowing the ins and outs of buying a new home in Orlando can save you money and make the entire experience more enjoyable. Having someone on your side when buying a new home can also save you money.
Top 5 mistakes that new home buyers make:
- Going shopping for a new home without a REALTOR®: Working with a REALTOR to help you find a NEW HOME (or resale) doesn’t cost you a thing. The commission that a buyer’s agent receives is paid for by the seller/builder.
- Believing the onsite salesperson works for you: The onsitesalespers at a new home community works for the builder, they are loyal to their employer as they should be… They don’t work for you, you need your own REALTOR® to negotiate on your behalf.
- Paying asking price without negotiating: It’s still a buyer’s market (although this could be changing soon) and new home buyers often make the mistake of not making an offer of less than asking price. When you have a REALTOR® working for you she can arm you with the knowledge of other sales in the neighborhood and an informed buyer has power… buying power!
- Not asking for incentives: A REALTOR® knows the market, they know when and how to approach a builder to ask for incidentals that builders don’t typically offer without being prompted… It pays to work with a REALTOR®.
- Not taking advantage of a REALTOR’s knowledge base: A homebuyer doesn’t know the inventory like a REALTOR® does.Working with a REALTOR® gets you access to a wealth of knowledge that you just can’t get online. REALTOR’s study the inventory, new home communities and builder incentives every day… take advantage of their experience and save money at the same time.